Workout routine usually takes lot of discipline, dedication and time. And in this busy schedule, with people working for long hours, the common complaint is that they don’t have time or dedication for workout routine. This is resulting in obesity and other health problems in few years. It is possible to create workout environment at any place. Yeah, workout can also be done at your office.
Workout routine at office helps you in two ways, i.e. you can do work and keep your health fit by doing exercise simultaneously. Let me explain you few workout routines that can be done at your office.
These are the best workout routine, you can do at your office. Stretches relaxes your body muscles and as a result you can have relief from stress. You can do:
- Neck stretches: For this first you need to tilt your head towards your right shoulder. Now hold your head in this position for about 10 seconds. Now, do the same towards the left shoulder.
- Stretches for Arms and Shoulder: Grab your right arm with your left arm above elbow level. Next keeping your right arm straight at chest level, pull it towards the body and hold it for 10 seconds. Now continue the same with left arm.
- Stretches for Wrist: Extend your right arm in forward direction and grab your fingers with left hand and bend them towards forearm. Hold the fingers in this position for 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat the same with left arm.
- Stretches for Back and Leg: While sitting in your chair itself or in a standing position, lean forward and move your chest towards your thighs. Hold in that position and now try to straighten your legs and stretch hamstrings.
- Stretches for Inner Thighs: Sitting on your chair spread your legs apart and toes facing outwards. Now put your elbows on your thighs and bend forward with keeping the back straight and contracting your ab muscles. Now slowly bend forward and simultaneously with the help of your elbows push your thighs outwards until you feel stretches in your inner thighs. Now hold the position 15 to seconds.
- Stretches for Calves: Stand in front of wall and put your straightened arms on the wall. Put your right leg near to wall and left leg away in a straightened position. This position looks as if you are pushing the wall. Move the left leg backwards, with your foot on the ground until you feel a stretch in your left leg calf. Repeat the same with opposite legs.
Along with these stretches, you can also go for some other workout routines that can done on your office chair itself
Squat on Your Office Chair
Sitting in your chair, straighten your arms. Now lift your hips slightly above your chair. Stay in that position for 3 seconds and stand straight. Repeat this exercise for 10 to 15 times.
You can even add dips to your office workout routine. Keep your chair to a steady position. Make sure that it is not moving. Or you can even go for your table. Sit on the edge of the chair. Put your hands on the chair beside your hips. Now move your hips away from the chair and bend elbows. Now bend your body until your elbows are at 90 degrees. And then move your body upwards. Repeat this exercise for 5 to 10 times.
Push-ups on your Office Desk
Another exercise that you can add to your office workout routine is push-ups. Stand in a straight position slightly away from your table. Lean forward with your hand on the edge of the desk. Make sure that your body is straight and bend forward towards desk such that the elbows are at 90degrees. Now move backward against the desk, until your arms are straight. Repeat this exercise for another 10 to 15 times.
Along with these exercises, you can even include dumbbell exercises in your office workout routine. You can do these dumbbell exercises while talking on phone and any other free time. In this ways workout routine can be done alone with your office work.